Making List View the Default in Nautilus (solved)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nsivin
Level 3
Level 3

Making List View the Default in Nautilus (solved)

Post by nsivin »

I can appreciate that many users would rather look at icons of the files in a directory rather than information about the files. But I don't. Rather than having to change every Nautilus window to file view, is there some way that I can make file view the default?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: Making List View the Default in Nautilus

Post by lagagnon »

Edit, Preferences, Views, Default View, List View.
nsivin
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Making List View the Default in Nautilus (solved)

Post by nsivin »

Worked splendidly! I never even noticed that the file browser had a menu. It is worth looking at, since it includes a variety of preferences that you can set.
------------------
Nathan Sivin
History and Sociology of Science
University of Pennsylvania
nsivin@sas.upenn.edu
www.ccat.sas.upenn.edu/~nsivin
lagagnon

Re: Making List View the Default in Nautilus (solved)

Post by lagagnon »

nsivin wrote:I never even noticed that the file browser had a menu.
Sheeshh - what planet have you been living on? Almost every GUI app I know of has a menu.

Return to “Beginner Questions”