Cassandra Icons question

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Cassandra Icons question

Postby bohnanza22 on Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:25 pm

Hey everyone,

I have been using this Minty fresh distro since Bea and have also been lurking these forums since that time, but haven't posted any questions until now.

I just freshly installed Cassandra and noticed the fancy new icon theme (Looks Great!). I was playing around with themes yesterday and for some odd reason the icon themes got screwed up. Now the Cassandra and Cassandra-Blue icon themes look just like Bianca's theme and I can't get it back. I noticed that the new Cassy theme is similar to Crystal SVG but the Mint Menu, Computer, and Home folder icon's aren't the same. Is there a way the original Cassandra theme can be restored or reinstalled?

Thanks! and keep up the great job you guys are doing, with the distro and these forums.
bohnanza22
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby blogger on Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:24 am

Hello bohnanza22, Welcome!

I suggest you try:Menu>control Center>Common Tasks>Change Theme .
Here you will find all the themes that are used in Mint. Select Cassandra Blue. :)

Greetings, Blogger
SEVERELY ADDICTED TO MINT / CASSANDRA SYNDROME
blogger
Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for the reply

Postby bohnanza22 on Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:35 pm

But my problem isn't knowing how to change the theme. it's that the default Cassandra theme has different icons in it now. The Cassandra icons are now the same as Bianca's icons. In other words when I have the Bianca theme selected and change to one of the two Cassandra icon themes, the icons stay the same, there is no difference between the three icon themes.

I hope this explains it better. It isn't too urgant. I really liked the default icon theme but since the proper icons are no longer there, I went to http://www.gnome-look.org and dressed up the UI a little bit (including the icons).
bohnanza22
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Husse on Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:06 am

I've been nagging about putting /home in its own partition on the forum.
Maybe you've done that and this way kept some settings in /home.
I get mintconfig in the menu not the gnome thing that should be there on that computer...
If so, you'll have to tinker a bit....
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby bohnanza22 on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:22 pm

Hmmm... Home is mounted in it's own partition... but I'm not understanding why that would screw up the default icons for the Cassandra themes :? . But then again I've only been using Linux for a little over 6 months as my primary OS :wink: . If someone could explain this in a little more detail. Or where i can download and reinstall/restore the icon theme that would be great.

Thanks for the help. :D
bohnanza22
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Husse on Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:59 am

It's because you have settings saved in your home partition for among other things wallpaper, menu and iconset
After I installed Cassandra minmenu still stated Bianca
Look around in your home folder and select "Show hidden files" and I think you'll find it. I don't have the time today to go deeper into anything....
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Postby bohnanza22 on Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:43 am

Thanks Husse. I will do some sluthing around home and see what I can find.
bohnanza22
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions