Printer driver for Canon MP470 (SOLVED)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mintrak
Level 1
Level 1

Printer driver for Canon MP470 (SOLVED)

Post by mintrak »

Having no luck at installing driver for canon MP470. Does anyone have an idea of what to do?

Fred
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mintrak
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Printer driver for Canon MP470

Post by mintrak »

Thanks for the fast response to my question.

After reading contents of the links you provided, I 1st tried the MP610 driver-applied to my MP470 printer. I was happy that it worked, but a review of its performance and options was disappointing. It offered me only color--expensive to operate--, the resolution was fixed at 600x600, some of the colors were seriously misalligned with other colors with no means of adjusting it seemed to be available.

The MP150 driver installation resulted in great satisfaction. It offered many options and adjustments. The test page colors were aligned well, but a print of a photograph had staggered images in different colors, and their seems to be no way to fix that misalignment. Text printing was of high quality.

I feel that the MP150 driver is far superior to the commercial Turboprint program. My photographic printing is a rare occurrence, and the resulting MP150 driver applied to my MP470 will be more than satisfactory for the majority of my needs, which involve text printing.

Thanks again.
DrHu

Re: Printer driver for Canon MP470 (SOLVED)

Post by DrHu »

mintrak wrote:After reading contents of the links you provided, I 1st tried the MP610 driver-applied to my MP470 printer. I was happy that it worked, but a review of its performance and options was disappointing.
--I think I must be getting touchy in my old age..
--I know I shouldn't be so sensitive
--I'll try in the future
mintrak wrote:The MP150 driver installation resulted in great satisfaction. It offered many options and adjustments.
Ok..
First link
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=774616
--post # 3, 4..
  • For what it's worth (I know this thread is old), but I just scanned with my Pixma MP470 in Jaunty (using the MP150 driver for the printer--I don't know if that matters for the scanning program). I used the XSane program that came with Jaunty.

Everything was quick and easy and seemed to work fine. I wasn't doing anything complicated; it was just so I could email a document. However, I started and was done within two minutes.

Return to “Beginner Questions”