awn mail applet

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mintmaniac2
Level 4
Level 4

awn mail applet

Post by mintmaniac2 »

i was wondering if it is possible to set the awn mail applet to check your mail every 5 mins or so without having to manually click 'refresh'. is it possible??

thanks in advance!

andy
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sudo apt-get purge win7 && sudo apt-get install Freedom
You're currently going through a difficult transition period called "Life."
optimize me

Re: awn mail applet

Post by optimize me »

I don't see a setting for it in ~/.config/awn, so you'll probably have to go into /usr/share/avant-window-navigator/applets and look at the python coding for it to see if there's a built-in refresh time that you can change.

Otherwise, no, probably not.
bbmidi

Post by bbmidi »

Since this thread exist i thought i 'add' my issue to this rather than making a new one.

Hi all :-) I just started playing with AWN and everything seems working except for this mail applet. It asked for password but when I entered mine it's not accepting. I am not set up for auto login btw. I searched the forum for 'default keyring to unlock' and it seems like one thing related is auto login.

I added the snapshot FWIW.
bbmidi

Post by bbmidi »

So, no one's using this applet but me? Strange behaviour no doubt, too bad it cant be of use.
rekik

Post by rekik »

I use this applet and it works perfectly but with the 0.3.9 awn version (Linux Mint 7 Main with XFCE as DE)
bbmidi

Post by bbmidi »

I installed evolution and when i try fetching my mails at gmail the password prompt pop up again. Giving it my user password doesnt work , i have to click deny then it works in the background.

I remove this applet from awn. But what bothers me is this password prompt and how to work around this. FWIW i dont have root account enabled in my helena box. I *think* this prompt is similar to KDE's kwallet? Correct me if im wrong. I just cant get around this password prompt.
mintmaniac2
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mintmaniac2 »

awn i now updated and the 0.4.1 trunk version auto updates
sudo apt-get purge win7 && sudo apt-get install Freedom
You're currently going through a difficult transition period called "Life."

Return to “Beginner Questions”