Error when burning dvds with Brassero

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wyldekey
Level 3
Level 3

Error when burning dvds with Brassero

Post by wyldekey »

The other day I statred getting an error message at the end of burning a dvd with Brassero in Mint 7 Main Edition, after creating the checksum. I have 2 cd/dvd drives, so I tried using the other one, which worked OK for 2 or 3 times. Now I also get an error message with the second drive. It says: Error while burning:Some files may be corrupted on the disc. I get the error after burning an iso image, but when I used the dvds (one of Mint 7 KDE and several of videos to watch in the TV dvd player) they seem to work fine.
I saved the partial log file of the error, but the output means nothing to me. Do I just ignore the error message? I have no idea if the problem is my hardware, Brassero or something with Mint 7. Any help ideas would be appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
We're inevitably imprisoned by what we believe.
rekik

Re: Error when burning dvds with Brassero

Post by rekik »

It seems that there is a real problem with the check function, and the solution is to disable checking CD/DVDs. Read this post
wyldekey
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Error when burning dvds with Brassero

Post by wyldekey »

Thanks for the reply. Now that I think about it, I haven't had any trouble burning cds with Brassero, it seems I only get errors burning to a dvd. I'll have to experiment a little more. Or try k3b.
We're inevitably imprisoned by what we believe.

Return to “Beginner Questions”