Drivers for plotters

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Steve Allen

Drivers for plotters

Post by Steve Allen »

I wonder if I'm being stupid, or whether I'm the only person on the planet wanting to run my printing company in Linux anything!

I have a business which prints garments and does vehicle graphics, amongst other things. I have used CorelDraw on Windows for the last 6+ years and, as we all know, this tends to fall to bits over a period of time. Having recently moved to Mint O/S for home use, I have looked into the possibility of using it at work, i.e. replace Windows on all of our production PCs. The biggest problem that I am having is in finding drivers for my plotters. I have machines made by Graphtec, Roland and Summa and they only appear to have windows or Mac drivers.

Can anyone help me by either pointing the way to a suitable driver or, a plotter which has Linux drivers?

Thanks in anticipation.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lvleph

Re: Drivers for plotters

Post by lvleph »

Return to “Beginner Questions”