Problem with audio on flashvideos and videos and mp3's etc.

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Problem with audio on flashvideos and videos and mp3's etc.

Postby soratheultima on Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:05 pm

yeah as the title says i have a problem with my sound it works but it wont work for flash videos or anytype of videos and music files also wine does also not work and other games too. im not sure what is causing this and would thank whoever knows whats wrong
soratheultima
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Problem with audio on flashvideos and videos and mp3's etc.

Postby Husse on Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:57 am

Welcome to Mint
Please don't write everything in one go and please don't mix different types of errors in one post
Because of this I don't fully understand what does not work
--------------
You have to tell us more facts.
The minimum is exactly which Mint you have - which version and which edition (main or any of the CEs)
We also need to know a bit about all your hardware.
Run " lspci " in a terminal and post here (to avoid misunderstanding - the first character is a minor L and you copy by marking with the mouse and then right click - telling you this just in case :))
Some wifi and possibly built in sound can be connected to USB even if they are internal - if you suspect you have one of these run " lsusb " in a terminal.
Also tell us if this is using mint4win or not, quite important
This is a standard answer so it may not be fully applicable to your situation
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Newbie Questions