i have installed LINUX mint 7 Gloria.
1) how to install new softwares (i have some xx.tar.gz, .deb) on dvd or from other source. i dont have working internet connection. (when i show path of cd/dvd for new software installation in synaptic manager, it show error. E: error path not found)( i have 2 hard disks first 80GB (C:20+D:20E:+20+F:20 partitions + 500 GB SATA NTFS 5 partitions G:,H I J & K: partions. letters showing windows xp partition names) (on C drive windows xp installed on E drive 20GB Linux Mint installed and on F: 20GB its swap partition completely)
2) how to install WINE OR other software to run windows related applications.
3)what is synonyms to .exe files in LINUX.
4)if i have windows and LINUX mint installed and my pen drive is infected with windows related virus will it spread in system while running LINUX.( i mean if i copy those file infected by windows related virus)
5)how to hide folders on ntfs, fat partition in LINUX.
6) can i move home folder to any other location out of /root partition.
7) drivers of some devices given for windows can be used for LINUX.
8.)) when i use pen drive or other removable media, and delete some files on it, those file does not get deleted completely. they go in folder named .1000Trash (something like that). and the pen drive shows that it is full and no extra memory space available on it. and i try to delet that trash forlder, shows error.
9) when i press Delete button on keyboard, some files get deleted forever without going to Trash folder. how to set the delete button of keybord for trash.
10) pls help. i want to completely get rid of my windows xp. started windows only 2 times in last 2months only for my sony ericsson mobile explorer software "my phone explorer " a freeware. and usb driver problem. any option.
Pls answer. thanks