Editing the Lock User screen?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Sanjima

Editing the Lock User screen?

Post by Sanjima »

When you lock the screen and the box comes up to unlock it, is there by chance a way to remove the "Switch Users" button from that screen? I don't to have a way for people tampering with my computer to reboot or shut it off from the screen. (I'm running Linux Mint 7)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pluraldave

Re: Editing the Lock User screen?

Post by pluraldave »

Assuming main edition

Open up gconf-editor by pressing alt+f2 and then typing gconf-editor in the box.
Navigate to apps > gnome-screensaver
Disable the user_switch_enabled option at the bottom of the options box.

However if they've got physical access to the machine they can just press the power switch on the computer itself...
Sanjima

Re: Editing the Lock User screen?

Post by Sanjima »

pluraldave wrote:Assuming main edition

Open up gconf-editor by pressing alt+f2 and then typing gconf-editor in the box.
Navigate to apps > gnome-screensaver
Disable the user_switch_enabled option at the bottom of the options box.
Thank you very much =D worked like a charm.
pluraldave wrote:However if they've got physical access to the machine they can just press the power switch on the computer itself...
Hence why I said "from the screen". I have a password prompt upon boot, so no worries there. =D

Return to “Beginner Questions”