Can't see 2nd SATA HDD

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Can't see 2nd SATA HDD

Postby xtcvapor on Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:35 pm

Hello, I'm new to Linux in general.

Here's the problem. My computer is a AMD Athlon 64, 2GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 7800 GTX, 80GB IDE (originally came w/ it and has Vista), a WD 320GB SATA (Mint installed) and a WD 250GB SATA. I'm having problems seeing the 2nd SATA drive under computer. I can see the 80GB Vista disk, and my own filesystem. Nothing, not even the partition editor can see. I had this problem in Ubuntu 9.04 as well, but after I did all the updates, no more problems seeing the 2nd SATA. I like Mint more than Ubuntu, so I would like to keep it. I even tried adding pci=nomsi to the grub line, and that hasn't worked either.

Thanks

Rob
xtcvapor
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Can't see 2nd SATA HDD

Postby xtcvapor on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:44 am

Tried another LiveCD of a different distro and same thing, see's the 1st SATA (320GB) and the IDE (80GB, Vista), but still cannot see the 2nd SATA (250GB)
xtcvapor
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions