Sorry Guys...

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Sorry Guys...

Postby DiabloCody on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:12 am

Guys, I have to apologize. It would seem that many of you didn't take kindly to my post regarding some changes I suggested (mainly to Nautilus, not the mint distro itself). I certainly was not attempting to be a troll, but I guess it came off that way. Trolls are not nice creatures, I certainly don't want to be associated with those bridge inhabitating critters.

If you can forgive me, I would definitely appreciate it. In the future, I will learn to be less coarse in my responses and posts. Mint is definitely a solid product.

If you can't forgive me, then I shall be on my way....
DiabloCody
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Sorry Guys...

Postby lagagnon on Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:49 am

All is forgiven, especially as it takes ethics and guts to write your apology. Welcome to the Mint forums, hope to see you around...
lagagnon
Level 7
Level 7

Postby Kaye on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:46 am

lagagnon wrote:All is forgiven, especially as it takes ethics and guts to write your apology. Welcome to the Mint forums, hope to see you around...

+1
"In somnis veritas"
Antivirus or defragging?
Kaye
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Ozz on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:16 am

+1
I admit I was a bit shocked at the comments made in your other post, but this apology is quite honest: Welcome to the Mint Community.
Frustration with IT doesn't always bring the best out of us, but in the long run it is good to get things solved.
Hope your queries with Nautilus will be solved. I have myself had the problems that you cited, such as mounted hdd's icons one on top of the other...
As for the button of your mouse, it is unfortunate but as a lot of the software for Linux is developed independently, there are often discrepancies between their ability to work with equipment. Maybe we will come back to having the web browser integrated in the file manager, and then such problems could be addressed more efficiently. Although the thing that might well happen is that the web browser will become THE file manager...time will tell.
Ozz
Level 3
Level 3

Postby optimize me on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:21 am

Kaye wrote:
lagagnon wrote:All is forgiven, especially as it takes ethics and guts to write your apology. Welcome to the Mint forums, hope to see you around...

+1

+2
AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.8GHz 8GB DDR3 RAM ATI Radeon HD6970
optimize me
Level 5
Level 5

Postby vrkalak on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:32 am

Welcome to LinuxMint.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:: LinuxMint-Debian-Edition (Fluxbox) :: Manjaro/Arch (Xfce) ::
Registered Linux User: #497031 :: DeviantART Page
vrkalak
Level 10
Level 10

Postby Acid_1 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:16 am

optimize me wrote:
Kaye wrote:

+1

+2

+3

:) Welcome to MINT!!!!
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Newbie Questions