Keybinding issues

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Keybinding issues

Postby Acid_1 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:12 am

I had some Gnome keybinding's going on. The were for random things (Firefox, Terminal, SMPlayer, Rhythembox, Gedit, etc), may as well make use of the super key. They were working fine, then 1000 package installations later (A story I'm going to share in another post -- well mostly some advice), they don't work. Could someone help me out? I've continued to monkey with them and I just can't figure this out now. Thanks :)
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Keybinding issues

Postby lagagnon on Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:19 am

You need to set up the keybindings in Menu, Control Center, Look&Feel, Compiz Settings Manager, General, Commands - are you doing it there?
lagagnon
Level 7
Level 7

Postby Acid_1 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:28 pm

Well, the way to do it without Compiz that works is through Gconf-editor>apps>metacity>Keybinding Commands and Global Keybindings. However those transfered to the compiz ones too. And now it works when I enabled it. Why did it work before without compiz but now I need it? Anyone?

And thanks for helping btw.
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Postby RedWagon on Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:30 pm

Are you still trying to install Mint stuff on top of Ubuntu?
RedWagon
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Acid_1 on Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:01 am

Nah. Wiped Ubuntu and installed Mint7 x64. Then I used a backup of my synaptic markings from Ubuntu to install them back in Mint, and hosed my system. Then I reinstalled and removed some of the Ubuntu-fying packages from the list and it worked fine. There are definitely some incompatibilities. Mint does have better hardware support than Ubuntu, particularily wifi.
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions