Keybinding issues

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Keybinding issues

Post by Acid_1 »

I had some Gnome keybinding's going on. The were for random things (Firefox, Terminal, SMPlayer, Rhythembox, Gedit, etc), may as well make use of the super key. They were working fine, then 1000 package installations later (A story I'm going to share in another post -- well mostly some advice), they don't work. Could someone help me out? I've continued to monkey with them and I just can't figure this out now. Thanks :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: Keybinding issues

Post by lagagnon »

You need to set up the keybindings in Menu, Control Center, Look&Feel, Compiz Settings Manager, General, Commands - are you doing it there?
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Acid_1 »

Well, the way to do it without Compiz that works is through Gconf-editor>apps>metacity>Keybinding Commands and Global Keybindings. However those transfered to the compiz ones too. And now it works when I enabled it. Why did it work before without compiz but now I need it? Anyone?

And thanks for helping btw.
RedWagon

Post by RedWagon »

Are you still trying to install Mint stuff on top of Ubuntu?
Acid_1
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Acid_1 »

Nah. Wiped Ubuntu and installed Mint7 x64. Then I used a backup of my synaptic markings from Ubuntu to install them back in Mint, and hosed my system. Then I reinstalled and removed some of the Ubuntu-fying packages from the list and it worked fine. There are definitely some incompatibilities. Mint does have better hardware support than Ubuntu, particularily wifi.

Return to “Beginner Questions”