What software to make slideshow DVD?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sunwatt

What software to make slideshow DVD?

Post by sunwatt »

I have only been using Linux Mint Gloria for 2 months now, and very happy with leaving Windows behind forever.

Now I want to get back to producing slide show DVD's for the local public access TV channel.

When I was using XP I used Nero 7 slide show program which was decent. But the best one was ProShow Gold. I made seres of seven 1 hour slide show DVD's, and they run on ch 18 in Fayetteville Arkansas. Nero and ProShow are straightforward, easy to use, without reading instructions, its just simple to learn.

Now I'd like to produce a 30 min slide show DVD where we take a dead Windows computer with Blue Screen of Death, and install Linux Mint Gloria on it, then demonstrate it going online.
A little Compiz magic, some music, and make it humorous, while we save a PC from going to the local landfill.

What is a good program I can use, with graphic interface to produce a slide show DVD with narration and music?

My system is a Dell Mini 9, with external drive, 2gb ram and 8gb SSD, and 32GB flash memory card. I am using Gnome desktop.

thanks

Jim
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
thx1138

Re: What software to make slideshow DVD?

Post by thx1138 »

Muzer

Post by Muzer »

It might be tough to get screenshots of the installation, though it should be possible.
thx1138

Post by thx1138 »

You can find screenshots of all progs on their website.
sunwatt

Post by sunwatt »

OK, thank you - as soon as I install I'll post the results and my review.

Jim
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

You can also try the offerings in Synaptic Package Manager . .

qdvdauthor
dvdstyler
mandvd (recommended)

Richy
sunwatt

Post by sunwatt »

Thanks Richy, I tried styler once, and need to have another look. It baffled me, even tho I figured out how to add jpg's to get them in the storyboard, there were other things that stumped me.

I need to revisit styler

thanks agn

Jim

Return to “Beginner Questions”