Getting JGrasp to Run on Mint x64

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
theevilone6620

Getting JGrasp to Run on Mint x64

Post by theevilone6620 »

I have been trying to install and run Jgrasp on my 64bit Mint system with no luck. I have successfully gotten it to run on my girls laptop which is running Mint 7 in 32 bit flavor. I have followed the directions in the readme file as well as the help section of the Jgrasp website and it still does not run.

Apparantly to run it on a 64 bit flavor of Linux you need to run ./configure, followed by someother command which I forget right now. But this is supposed to get it up and running. It does not for me at least.

Normally I would just use eclipse but in my Intro To Software Development class that I am currently taking, the prof wants everyone to use Jgrasp to complete are homework assignments.

If anyone could help me out that would be great.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
piratesmack

Re: Getting JGrasp to Run on Mint x64

Post by piratesmack »

Are you getting any errors when you run ./configure and make?

If you can't get it to compile, you can install 32-Bit libs and use the 32-Bit package. You could also set up a 32-Bit chroot
theevilone6620

Post by theevilone6620 »

Here is what I get when I run ,./configure and ./make.sh.....

For ./configure

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of executables...
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking for openpty in -lutil... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
checking for X... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Make.sh
config.status: executing unused commands

and for ./Make.sh

wedge.c: In function ‘main’:
wedge.c:281: warning: ignoring return value of ‘dup’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
wedge.c:283: warning: ignoring return value of ‘dup’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
wedge.c:285: warning: ignoring return value of ‘dup’, declared with attribute warn_unused_result
wedge.c: In function ‘printACS_’:
wedge.c:715: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
wedge.c:719: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
wedge.c:726: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
wedge.c:730: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments
Configure could not locate X libs. Startup shell not built.

and as far as I can tell there is only one version of Jgrasp that you can download, and it is 32bit. The website says that if you dont have the 32bit libs to run the above commands and it will get it set up so it will run. Ive tried doing the above as well as installing the 32bit libs and I get the same errors each time I run the commands.

As far as a chroot I have not tried that as I have no idea what it does or how to utilize it.

Thanks for the help
piratesmack

Post by piratesmack »

checking for X... no
Try installing the X11 headers

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install libx11-dev
and run ./configure and ./Make.sh again

Return to “Beginner Questions”