pidgin on mint

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

pidgin on mint

Postby leena on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:18 am

i'm using mint cassandra and i have pidgin 2.0.0. it would be nice to install pidgin 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 on my computer. i'm a newbie, and i don't know how to do this, because my package manager can't find packages for those two. i guess it's possible to install new programs by using shell, but i just don't know how.
will pidgin 2.0.1 or 2.0.2 be released as "mint-packages" so i could just install one of them with package manager?
leena
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby mib924 on Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:31 am

Here you can download pidgin 2.0.2 in deb format.
http://www.getdeb.net/release.php?id=1045

In mint you just need to doubleclick on the downloaded deb-file. And a gui will appear it makes some dependence checks.
If they are ok, you need to press the install package button. It will ask you for the "sudo" password and the package is installed.
I hope this answer was helpful.
mib924
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions