windows programs/poker

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
2mmy

windows programs/poker

Post by 2mmy »

Hey
I recently installed linux mint, on my secoundary pc, but loved it so much that I want it on my main pc also. My question is now, is there a windows simulation software or something for linux mint. So I still will be able to play poker online? As I dont think any of them got a linux version of there poker clients? Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: windows programs/poker

Post by DrHu »

You didn't say which online poker services you were using

Linux poker clients..
http://www.compatiblepoker.com/Linux+Po ... ne.cms.htm
http://www.pokerlistings.com/mac-poker-rooms
2mmy

Post by 2mmy »

Thanks, just what I was looking for :) As I am playing with pokerstars and partypoker so guess Wine is the way to go
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Post by gibbs1984 »

I had both PokerStars and PartyPoker running through Wine on Linux Mint 6 (haven't tried on Linux Mint 7 but I assume it would work), there was a few problems with the graphics when trying to resize any windows but ultimately it was playable.

Speaking of which I must try and set that up tonight.

Haven't tried running them through VirtualBox yet but that might also work.
Linux Mint 20.3 (Cinnamon) 64bit.

Return to “Beginner Questions”