Keyring Password Part 2 ??

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
manurao

Re: Keyring Password Part 2 ??

Post by manurao »

The preferences in my password and encryption keys manager doesn't even have anything similar to what the solution says :(
Also I didn't want my whole computer to be unlocked when I sign in.

However, I've discovered a very simple solution (for me, I don't know if it will work for others):
1. Open the Preferences > Network Connections.
2. Click the wireless tab.
3. Choose the wireless network you want to log in automatically and click edit.
4. In edit, choose the option to let all users to use this connection.

I'm a complete newbie and just installed Mint 8 two days ago and haven't changed ANYTHING, so I suppose it should work for most people. I've also set Mint to auto login, and it still works for me.

First post on forum :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Beginner Questions”