Uninstalling software

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
poision
Level 3
Level 3

Uninstalling software

Post by poision »

Hi is there any graphical program or application available for uninstalling software installed on system like add/remove programs?And pls tell me how to place bluetooth configuration icon in system panel in left.My phone detecting computer when pc bluetooth on but not giving access.pls guide
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
900i
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 900i »

Synaptic Package Manager is graphical!
Desktop Core i7 Linux Mint 21.1 / Laptop Dell Precision M6400 Linux Mint 21.1
Husse

Post by Husse »

Use synaptics to (un)install programs - it's called "Install software" in the menu and right there on the left hand side of the menu.
Could you be a bit more specific about your bluetooth problem? I don't really get it....

//Edit// There is a problem with the forum, when I wrote this there was no answer nad the time difference is 11 minutes..
poision
Level 3
Level 3

Post by poision »

Husse wrote:Use synaptics to (un)install programs - it's called "Install software" in the menu and right there on the left hand side of the menu.
Could you be a bit more specific about your bluetooth problem? I don't really get it....

//Edit// There is a problem with the forum, when I wrote this there was no answer nad the time difference is 11 minutes..
hi husse well thanks for reply i mean to ask ya abt uninstalling application just like you said use synaptic for uninstalling but if installed application ll not there then what or if ya install application without using synaptic?Well abt bluetooth how should i config bluetooth.I switched on bluetooth of laptop and cell phone also.Cell phone detecting my laptop but when i tried to pairing it says access denied.How to config bluetooth in laptop?Is there any graphical utility for this?
900i
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 900i »

In Synaptic click the status tab and select installed packages. Then you can pick what you want to uninstall. :roll:
Desktop Core i7 Linux Mint 21.1 / Laptop Dell Precision M6400 Linux Mint 21.1
Husse

Post by Husse »

if ya install application without using synaptic
As long as it is a .deb package you find it in synaptics. If you have used a .run file you probably find an uninstaller in the program folder - if not just delete the folder. Could leave some config files as left overs, but wiht the size of todays hard disks... (and they don't interfere with anything)

Return to “Beginner Questions”