Mint Menu Help

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cptaszek

Mint Menu Help

Post by cptaszek »

Hey,

I'm having a problem with the mint menu. I have checked the Programing and System Tools categories on in the menu editor and clicked refresh. The Programing came up but there is no System Tools category. Need to find out the problem. :|
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Mint Menu Help

Post by DrHu »

cptaszek wrote:I'm having a problem with the mint menu. I have checked the Programing and System Tools categories on in the menu editor and clicked refresh
Possibly mint menu>All applications>Administration category, check for your tools as selected there!

I don't know what you mean by main editor
Linux mint 7 (gloria) main edition (Gnome desktop), edit menus this way
right click>Mint menu>Edit menu

Most applications including any system tools selected show up under all applications, or possibly in some other category; that is up to the application developer, where to insert his selection for the menus, it is of course easier, most of the time to dump into a known category, such as all applications and let the user deal with moving it around the menu structures..
--the main system tool that does show up in favorites is System Monitor..

mine (screenshot )attached..
dawgdoc

Re: Mint Menu Help

Post by dawgdoc »

DrHu wrote:
cptaszek wrote:I'm having a problem with the mint menu. I have checked the Programing and System Tools categories on in the menu editor and clicked refresh
Linux mint 7 (gloria) main edition (Gnome desktop), edit menus this way
right click>Mint menu>Edit menu
@ cptaszek

If you check do not check any specific application in the right panel when you have Programming or System Tools checked in the left panel. The item, Programming or System Tools, does not show up in Menu.

For me, Programming showed up as its own button. However, like DrHu said, the applications I checked in System Tools showed up under Administration. I only tried a few apps, so for you other applications may show up under other areas.

Return to “Beginner Questions”