Resize display

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Resize display

Postby Jankers on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:51 am

Hi there,new to Gnome nut some previous KDE experience.

I am running Gloria, main edition and have an HP1200v (Lcd) display.
Graphics card is nvidia n6200.

I tend to use various resolutions for different apps and normally use the KRandTRay applet, is there something similar in Gloria?
or do i gave to consider "screen magnifiyer" / comand line solutions, any pointers?

J.
Jankers
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Resize display

Postby MaddogF16 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:02 pm

System >> Preferences >> Display

Maybe that doesn't do what your after, I'm also a convert from another distro and KDE.
MaddogF16
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Jankers on Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:20 pm

Thanks Maddog,
I did spot that and have the nvidia applet now in the panel.
This does a similar job with a few extra clicks.

I often use the resize button as i move from app to app, never needed it much before but this new display has a much
bigger resolution than my old CRT, and my eyes are having difficulty reading the small print.

I did see some reference to magnifyer in the repos, maybe that is an alternative?
Also, it seems? Gloria can utilise KDE apps so i could perhaps use the KrandTRay from there?
i could just try this stuff but that's how i generally hose the system.

J.
Jankers
Level 1
Level 1

Postby MaddogF16 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:11 pm

That'll probably bring in a bunch of Klibs , I'd personally look into the magnifier options.
MaddogF16
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions