google earth.bin[SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
vassilianna

google earth.bin[SOLVED]

Post by vassilianna »

I had installed google earth but i ran it from terminal. though today the file that runed Earth dissappeared! I uninstalled it and downloaded it again. However,i can't remember how to re-install it...btw can somebody tell me how to open bin or rar files? I'm totally neew to linux and it confuses me a bit.....no matter what,though,i love Linux :)

PS.i've got Linux Mint 7(Gloria) if that is important.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: google earth.bin

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Why did you download the Google Earth.bin file from an internet site?? Google Earth ver. 5.0.11337 is available from Synaptic Package Manager. It is a much easier installation and it gives you a launcher in the mint Menu.

Just open Synaptic and type googleearth in the search box. Check "Mark for Installation", when you get the list of required dependencies check "Apply" at the bottom right of the window, click on the big green check mark, and click "Apply" when you get the window asking if you really want to install this app. From here on, its all automatic. Google Earth will be downloaded and installed as you watch.
dequire

Post by dequire »

Sometimes people make things much harder in Linux than they have to be :P
vassilianna

Post by vassilianna »

dequire wrote:Sometimes people make things much harder in Linux than they have to be :P
well,maybe 'cause i'm a girl :P

..nevermind,problem solved! though i tried another way before i see your post :) thanks guys!
next time i'll give every chance a try before i ask :)

Return to “Beginner Questions”