Mounting

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SxFlare

Re: Mounting

Post by SxFlare »

normally, I just click the unmounted partition/drive and it mounts... but that's on Gnome
all my automounting was already set up when I tried Xfce so I can't speak for that, but yeah for gnome it would mount on click unless it was restricted in someway

EDIT: oops, nautilus Gnome, sorry
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
fb22

Re: Mounting

Post by fb22 »

Where do you click on it? I can't see it anywhere.

I'm running XFCE and I added a 80 GiB IDE HDD that was formatted with NTFS. I could see the NTFS drive no problem on my desktop.

I then used gparted to create a new partition table on sdb with one partition in ext3. After a reboot, I couldn't see sdb1 anywhere except as an empty folder in /dev. Running gparted indicated that sdb1 was mounted, but I can't see it in Thunar at all.

Suggestions?

Regards,

-FB

Return to “Beginner Questions”