Deleting Menu Items (solved)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
farna

Deleting Menu Items (solved)

Post by farna »

Okay, I'm a Linux noob, but not to computers in general -- even messed with OS-9 years ago (not Mac -- Microware OS-9, a unix-like system for Motorola 6809 processor).

So I have Wine Doors installed and all dependencies. It even works! But I installed some things that didn't work, and I uninstalled them. They still show up under the Wine menu (in the Mint main menu). I can right-click on them and hit uninstall. I then get a request for a password, type that in, and the system says "No matching package found - Do you want to remove this entry?". I hit "Remove", but the entry is still there! I've done this multiple times on the same object in the list. So how the heck do I get these unwanted, unistalled or deleted items out of the menu? I searched and found a hint to go to "Preferences" (under All Applications) then "Main Menu", but the entries don't show up there. So how do I delete these things??
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lagagnon

Re: Deleting Menu Items

Post by lagagnon »

Did you try right clicking on the mintMenu button, Edit Menu and delete them from there?
farna

Re: Deleting Menu Items

Post by farna »

That did it! Thanks. I was hoping it was something simple I just didn't know about... :D

Return to “Beginner Questions”