Help with aircrack-ng

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rippedcb

Re: Help with aircrack-ng

Post by rippedcb »

Mr. Ripper wrote:when trying to run aircrack my wireless card is not showing up but i can still use internet but airodump does not register driver or chipset. i apolagize for such a simple question, new to linux
i think you need to do some more readings.. u got the process and programs wrong:
aircrack is only for cracking WEP after you've recorded enough IVS packtes..

airodump-ng is for recording IVS packet information.. it won't show u ur network adapter or wifi card.

airmon-ng will show you your adapter
are you playing around with WEP or WPA??? or something totally different..
rippedcb

Post by rippedcb »

you might not be able to inject packets with that card (i'll have to check at a later time) but obviously its working (you get internet access). Even if you can't inject packets, you can still crack WEP.. just will take a lot longer. Maybe if you PM me i can send you a simplified procedure?? Keep this off forums??
regards,
CB
Husse

Post by Husse »

This is in the gray zone to illegal software
Cracking someones WEP is illegal and has no use unless you intend to use that wlan without permission

Return to “Beginner Questions”