Where is my icon? How do i get it back?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sausageandeggs

Re: Where is my icon? How do i get it back?

Post by sausageandeggs »

Have you tried adding "Notification area" from add to panel, or you could try reinstalling the network manager.
If i've understood you correctly then the network monitor (the 2 monitors?) shows you wireless networks as well.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Matt3223
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Where is my icon? How do i get it back?

Post by Matt3223 »

seems I have buggered my little applet as well trying to remove a different one.

Is there a way to re-instate the default applets that are set at the bottom right in Mint 7?

I deleted the update manager, and the network manager applets by accident. Actually clicked remove once, and all three near the little separator bar disappeared.

Attempted to add them back by right-clicking and adding to panel, but I couldn't find an option for the network manager. I found one for the update manager, but it doesn't appear to be the same one. Just a button to open mintUpdate. It looks a smidge different though...

anyhow, I somehow deleted everything in the bottom right except the date/time and volume.

back to default would work for me. :)

[edit]... apparently I didn't read the above post with enough attention. "Notification Area" is what I removed, and replacing it as suggested put the update and network connection back....so I am all fixed up now.

Thanks
[/edit]

Return to “Beginner Questions”