1. Check that the cables for the headset are plugged into the right ports on your computer.
2. Make sure that the corresponding computer control is turned up.
- Left click the speaker control icon in your panel/toolbar. (If you haven't moved it it will be on the right hand end)
If you have XFCE the mixer will open, if you have Gnome click "volume controls" to open the mixer
- In XFCE click "select controls", in gnome click "preferences".
-A box will open up with choices of which controls you want visible. Select every single possible option and close the box.
-Play with all the options you now have in all the tabs. It's most likely that the control you want is just muted in the "playback" tab.
3. If you still have no sound open up a terminal and enter the command
- Code: Select all
Copy and paste (highlight and centre click not Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V) the results into a post here so we can look for any problems with your particular sound card.