unknown plugin (audio/x-wav)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
richyrich

Re: unknown plugin (audio/x-wav)

Post by richyrich »

Something to try . . Google gave the answer, (unknown plugin audio/x-wav) second link . . .

Type this in the terminal to remove the non-free flashplugin :

sudo apt-get remove flashplugin-nonfree

Then this to install the Adobe Flash plugin :

sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin

this MAY help . . ? . . regards, Richy
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nadir

Post by nadir »

exploder wrote in another thread
nadir, probably you need mplayer, smplayer and mozilla-mplayer. The codecs are easy, gstreamer, good ,bad , ugly, ffmpeg and w32codecs. If we are talking Debian based all the other dependencies will get pulled in.
i would try mozilla-mplayer first. try if gecko-mediaplayer is availiable.

its just a guess, multimedia is a black box to me :-)
nadir

Post by nadir »

as said: its unknown territory for me. if exploder wouldnt have told it to me short ago i wouldnd have got that idea. he is the one to get the thanks. :-)
(just for clarification, though thats the way community works: passing info... or not?).

but im glad you got it sorted.
greetings

Return to “Beginner Questions”