Auto Wireless Log-In (?)

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Auto Wireless Log-In (?)

Postby Homer on Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:56 am

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere . . . but, every time Mint boots, the wireless connection that I have set up ( . . . and thank you to the Mint developers for including the Netgear Atheros functionality, God they have made my life easy) the system asks me to enter my password before the network manager will establish the connection. Is there a way to have this happen without having to enter a password each time?

If this has been covered in another topic, please, just point me to it.

Thank you.
Homer
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Auto Wireless Log-In (?)

Postby Oscar799 on Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:15 am

Homer,
Not sure if this will help but when I ran Ubuntu on a netbook if I logged in with my user name and password at the start of a session,the wireless connected automatically with no further need for a password,but if I changed it to auto login it asked for my password before connecting to the wireless network.
It seemed like one way or another it was having that password... :D
"Don't fix it if it ain't broken,don't break it if you can't fix it" Husse
Registered Linux User #511789
Oscar799
Level 18
Level 18

Re: Auto Wireless Log-In (?)

Postby kallen on Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:34 pm

I just installed 7 yesterday, and this annoyed me too. What I did was I let "keyring" create an account without password. Since I don't use keyring anyways, this isn't an issue. Now when it boots no nagging.
kallen
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions