Files- .eml

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Files- .eml

Postby jmjhome on Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:13 pm

Hello,

Can .eml files be converted into another format? Such as jpg? How does one do this, is there a good software program to do this?

I am using Linux Mint 7 KDE

Cheers
Anthony
jmjhome
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Files- .eml

Postby DrHu on Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:38 pm

jmjhome wrote:Can .eml files be converted into another format? Such as jpg? How does one do this, is there a good software program to do this?

I hope you would know where the file came from, and how it was created (by which windows program)...
Emm, err No!
--well you could change them, but it won't work

That file type is an outlook express mail file
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 431AAeWN7h
    based on that explanation, if you change it to .mht, it might be readable with a program that can read .mht files, like the opera 10 web browser
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... es-256269/
DrHu
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Files- .eml

Postby jmjhome on Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:53 am

Hello,

Thank you for reply.

I decided to try this:
This file was on a webpage, someone used it as a picture file. In this case click on the link to see pictures. However, it did not work.
So what I did was download the eml file, email it from one of my email accounts to the other, then opened it with Thunderbird and then I could see the pics on the email.

I was surprised it was an eml file.

Again thank you for your time

Cheers
Anthony
jmjhome
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions