Mint XFCE default Firefox startup

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
captain_juno

Mint XFCE default Firefox startup

Post by captain_juno »

I need help stopping Firefox from automatically starting up when I boot into Linux Mint XFCE. I tried to mess with startup and sessions but I still cannot get it to stop popping up.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
vrkalak

Re: Mint XFCE default Firefox startup

Post by vrkalak »

Xfce 4 has a feature that will remember and 're-start' all apps and windows, that were running on system shut-off.

So, if FireFox was open and running when you turned off the comp ... guess what? It will open at start-up.

You can go to http://Xfce.org (Wiki or Forums) to learn how-to turn-off this feature
captain_juno

Re: Mint XFCE default Firefox startup

Post by captain_juno »

Well, that's what I thought at first but I've done it a couple times and whether or not Firefox is running it still comes up on startup.

Return to “Beginner Questions”