cannot figure out how to use DEB

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

cannot figure out how to use DEB

Postby jimbo160 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:14 pm

I was recomended to use this site for makeing slide shows, and burning to dvd, but cannot figure out how to do it. Can someone like to this site and tell me what i need to do?........http://www.getdeb.net/updates/category/ ... ools.....I have the GETDEB downloaded, but that is far as i get.
jimbo160
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: cannot figure out how to use DEB

Postby exploder on Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:43 pm

Packages from getdeb have to correspond with the release that you are running. You can just double click on the package and the install routine will start.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Postby jimbo160 on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:27 pm

I cannot figure out what to do. I find a program, "imagination" withen the getdeb, that i have gotten both downloaded, and cannot get any further to makeing imagination work.
jimbo160
Level 2
Level 2

Postby DruKe on Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:38 pm

Try going to their sourceforge page and downloading the tar ball for it. You've downloaded a Karmic (9.10) release of Imagination. Unless you are running the RC1 of Mint 8, you have the Jaunty (9.04) version.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/imagination/files/imagination/2.0/
If your problem has been solved, PLEASE add [SOLVED] to your subject line! It helps everyone!
DruKe
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions