Connecting to Wireless w/Linux Mint

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Connecting to Wireless w/Linux Mint

Postby EikoAngelus on Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:51 pm

I just installed Linux Mint yesterday and I can't connect to my own wireless router. It's not like I tried and it won't connect; I simply don't know where to begin setting it up.

On a completely different and less important note, my computer now takes a lot longer to load than it did with Windows XP and I know that's not right. So... help (first with the wireless problem!)
EikoAngelus
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Connecting to Wireless w/Linux Mint

Postby rippedcb on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:18 pm

which version of Mint?
if you look at the bottom right corner, there will be an wifi icon. If you click on it, it will give you a list of available networks. Click on your network, enter password (if protected), give it a minute and there you go.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches.
~Alice Roosevelt Longworth ~
rippedcb
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Connecting to Wireless w/Linux Mint

Postby lexon on Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:54 pm

rippedcb wrote:which version of Mint?
if you look at the bottom right corner, there will be an wifi icon. If you click on it, it will give you a list of available networks. Click on your network, enter password (if protected), give it a minute and there you go.

That is all I do for wireless.
Don't know about slow load up.
Let the forum know PC specs, details of what you are seeing when booting the PC.
How long to get to the login page.

My desktop takes about 20 seconds to get to the login window.

lex
Lindows, Linspire, Freespire, Ubuntu, Mint 15 Cinnamon, Mint 16 XFCE, Mint 17 Cinnamon 64 bit.
lexon
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions