Syncing HTC Hero

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Nevrotica

Syncing HTC Hero

Post by Nevrotica »

how can I sync my android phone with Linux mint. I need to sync it with Thunderbird,
Could someone put me in the right direction. Tethering works fine.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rdonnelly
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Syncing HTC Hero

Post by rdonnelly »

I just ordered a Hero my self from Sprint, I was wondering how we can sync it with mint as well? Cant wait to get it, it looks cool 8)
Using Mint since 2008
*Mint 18.2 KDE
*ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1
*AMD FX-8370 with AMD Wraith cooler Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo)
*G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 SDRAM
*nVIDIA GEFORCE GT 610 2GB
TerminusVox

Post by TerminusVox »

I also just got a new phone from HTC; the Droid Eris (CDMA Verizon US). From tech news reports here and there I gather that it is much like the Hero. Is there any hope of syncing it with Linux Mint?

I held out for a smartphone that I thought was open-source but now it seems maybe it's not so much.
kwisher

Post by kwisher »

I just got the Motorola Droid. If you want your phone to sync with your PC, I believe you will need to look into switching to Google. My Google Gmail and calendar sync over the 3G or wireless networks. Once you have your Gmail account, there are instructions for setting it up with Thunderbird. The only thing I need to connect my Droid to the PC for is to transfer music and podcast files.
TerminusVox

Post by TerminusVox »

kwisher wrote:I just got the Motorola Droid. If you want your phone to sync with your PC, I believe you will need to look into switching to Google. My Google Gmail and calendar sync over the 3G or wireless networks. Once you have your Gmail account, there are instructions for setting it up with Thunderbird. The only thing I need to connect my Droid to the PC for is to transfer music and podcast files.
So I'll have to switch to a Gmail address? I was planning on sticking to the address from my ISP.
kwisher

Post by kwisher »

Yes you can sync to any email provider but I prefer using Google for more than just email. For instance, Google Calendar and Google contacts automatically stay synced to your phone.

Return to “Beginner Questions”