I'm loving Mint 8

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

I'm loving Mint 8

Postby Pepi on Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:51 pm

I've got an older Gateway laptop that I've never been able to get the sound and wireless to work correctly. I downloaded Mint 8 today and just installed it. Sound and wireless both work great. Thanks Mint team !!!
Pepi
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: I'm loving Mint 8

Postby richyrich on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:25 pm

Hi Pepi, :)

Nice to hear, and welcome!
It's still in RC stage, but if you stick with the level 1 & 2 updates, you'll be running a stable, full edition before anyone else can download it. :D

regards, richy
richyrich
Level 13
Level 13

Postby eeezzzeee on Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:42 pm

I have to agree with the OP, i installed helena today to test it out, and have not run into any problems yet. so far everything is working good.
"If it's stupid and it works.... it's not stupid"
eeezzzeee
Level 3
Level 3

Postby bobpur on Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:36 am

I just got Linux Mint 8 up and running on a Toshiba Tecra S2.

The only thing screwy is the software manager. A couple of programs I wanted to install would "gray-out" the Dialogue Box and nothing more would happen. I'm not worried, though, as this is just a Release Candidate. These kinds of problems tend to work themselves out eventually.

Everything else works great.
bobpur
Level 3
Level 3

Return to Newbie Questions