Reinstalling default graphics drivers

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Reinstalling default graphics drivers

Postby shorty1k on Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:30 am

Hey there, I'm pretty new at this. I just installed Mint the day before yesterday. I had some problems with Ubuntu and Mint was recommended to me. Needless to say I think this is the distro for me! I've been having a lot of fun learning the ins and outs of it when I decided to see if I could find better video drivers for my ATI mobility x1400. I ended up goofing my video several times, but luckily I figured out to fix it by uninstalling ati drivers using envyng -t, which usually fixed it. Now I just want the drivers that came with mint since now I can't up my resolution anymore, but I can't figure out how to get those back other than starting fresh. Please help! Thanks!
shorty1k
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Reinstalling default graphics drivers

Postby lagagnon on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:57 am

Menu, Control Center, Hardware, Hardware Drivers, install the recommended driver.
lagagnon
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Reinstalling default graphics drivers

Postby shorty1k on Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:43 pm

lagagnon wrote:Menu, Control Center, Hardware, Hardware Drivers, install the recommended driver.

Thanks for the response! That doesn't show up on my list unfortunatly. All I have on my list is the driver for my wifi card since it says "Proprietary drivers are being used to make this computer run properly"
shorty1k
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions