Mint themes for Debian Lenny ?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

Mint themes for Debian Lenny ?

Postby kikinovak on Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:48 am

Hi,

I'm an IT professional working in South France. My company (Microlinux) installs 100% GNU/Linux systems for professionals. I'm mainly using CentOS and Debian for the job, on servers as well as desktops. I'm running Mint at my home on two machines, and I like it very much. But at work, I like to have the same distro on the desktop and on the server.

I really like the various Mint themes. Curiously enough, nobody did seem to port them to Debian. Of course, there's the odd pointer on gnome-look.org, where you can grab a few icons here, a background there. My question: what would be a somewhat orthodox way to port the various Mint theme packages to Debian Lenny?

Cheers from the rainy South of France.
kikinovak
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Mint themes for Debian Lenny ?

Postby bobcollard on Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:22 pm

kikinovak wrote:Hi,

I'm an IT professional working in South France. My company (Microlinux) installs 100% GNU/Linux systems for professionals. I'm mainly using CentOS and Debian for the job, on servers as well as desktops. I'm running Mint at my home on two machines, and I like it very much. But at work, I like to have the same distro on the desktop and on the server.

I really like the various Mint themes. Curiously enough, nobody did seem to port them to Debian. Of course, there's the odd pointer on gnome-look.org, where you can grab a few icons here, a background there. My question: what would be a somewhat orthodox way to port the various Mint theme packages to Debian Lenny?

Cheers from the rainy South of France.

See the post with the PPOs in this string. They will get you the backports for Linux Mint and you can find the Mint stuff in Synaptics then, a Friend gave me this: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=35488
Robert Collard, Springfield, IL
Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop, Intel Duo T3400 CPUs @2.16 Ghz. 4GB RAM
Linux Mint Debian Edition, Xfce 4.6.2 Desktop, 2.6.37-0.dmz.6-liquorix-amd64
bobcollard
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Newbie Questions