(SOLVED)USB Modem problem

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

(SOLVED)USB Modem problem

Postby irly on Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:49 am

I am using a USB modem (smartbro)here the sample http://beipam.files.wordpress.com/2009/ ... repaid.jpg. I'm using it for prepaid internet, can you help me how to configure it? When I attach it the OS (Mint 7) doesn't response, how can I install and use it on mint 7.
Last edited by irly on Sun May 02, 2010 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pentium Dual Core E5300 2.6gHz / RAM 1 gig / GeForce 8400 GS / ATA MAXTOR 80gig / OS : MINT 10
irly
Level 2
Level 2

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: USB Modem problem

Postby DrHu on Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:32 am

DrHu
Level 16
Level 16

Re: USB Modem problem

Postby irly on Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:55 pm

Huawei 3G modem (smartbro) thats was the built in modem for smart bro, in UBUNTU
The new Ubuntu release is much better equipped to work with 3G cellular networks. Jaunty immediately recognized a Globe Visibility 3G modem and allowed me to easily dial in and connect to the network. In contrast, while Jaunty recognized a SmartBro USB modem, it would not let me connect. Linux guru Dr. Pablo Manalastas says this is because Smart?s Huawei 3G modem is also a storage device and I?ll need to install a program to toggle between modes?but I haven?t got around to trying this.
from the site: http://www.manilastandardtoday.com/2009 ... iness6.htm, hope Mint 7 have a support for this modem..
Pentium Dual Core E5300 2.6gHz / RAM 1 gig / GeForce 8400 GS / ATA MAXTOR 80gig / OS : MINT 10
irly
Level 2
Level 2

Return to Newbie Questions