where can I find Rhythmbox artist/album list?

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

where can I find Rhythmbox artist/album list?

Postby marty510 on Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:18 pm

I'm using Mint 7 Gnome

I'd like to print or copy an Artist list from my second HDD.
marty510
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: where can I find Rhythmbox artist/album list?

Postby irly on Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:27 pm

you can't have the list of the artist unless you type them. or you can do a capture screen for you list and print the picture from your screen,
Pentium Dual Core E5300 2.6gHz / RAM 1 gig / GeForce 8400 GS / ATA MAXTOR 80gig / OS : MINT 10
irly
Level 2
Level 2

Re: where can I find Rhythmbox artist/album list?

Postby DrHu on Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:45 pm

marty510 wrote:I'm using Mint 7 Gnome
I'd like to print or copy an Artist list from my second HDD.

As far as the 2nd drive is concerned, that is just a matter of the device name /dev/sdx or /dev/hdx (where x is hard drive), and any other method used to mount the drive, eg /etc/fstab or via plug in /media

Rythymbox..
http://www.brighthub.com/computing/linu ... 20912.aspx
    The track list itself shows a list of artists at the top left and a list of albums at the top right. Plus a search panel which can be used to find any artist, album or title. Clicking on any entry in either of these lists will filter other tracks out and just show those which match.

http://www.webupd8.org/2009/07/use-gnom ... hmbox.html
    Tool being used, Gnome-do
Gnome-do is available in Mint repository

In terminal, check
    apt search gnome-do
    p gnome-do - Quickly perform actions on your desktop
    p gnome-do-plugins - Extra functionality for GNOME-Do launcher

And you don't even need that; all you need is to know where the music files are being stored (/home/userID/music or your own selection) and print a file (folder directory)
--you can even use the tree command (when installed or other utilities/applications to list/print directory entries..) in the terminal, if you open terminal at that location from the nautilus GUI file manager..
In terminal, check
    apt search tree
    p tree - displays directory tree, in color
--you can send the output to a file or the printer, if you want to see or edit the list, best to send it to a file; so we get
    tree /home/userID/music >>artist_list.txt
    --depends on the options you use in the tree command as well as the sources (music) playlist order/organization..
And if you wanted a quick method, any browser will display the local files, and there is a print command in browsers; so /home will display /home, drill down to /home/music (you are already logged in), and print preview or print, you should be able to get a fairly nice listing from that display..
DrHu
Level 16
Level 16

Return to Newbie Questions