Making a Mint for older computers

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lagagnon

Re: Making a Mint for older computers

Post by lagagnon »

zOmBi3 mInT wrote:Is there a version of mint geared toward these aspects? If so could you point me in the right direction?
The Fluxbox CE version.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gn2

Post by gn2 »

Not a version of Mint, but Antix could suit your requirements perfectly.
richyrich

Post by richyrich »

Check out VectorLinux, I've resurrected many an old cast off with the standard edition . . . :)
lagagnon

Post by lagagnon »

richyrich wrote:Check out VectorLinux
Yes, VectorLinux is in up there with Mint as my favourite two Linux distros. It is incredibly fast and low on system resources, has an easy installer, installs in literally a few minutes, has a great system config utility and a great forum. However, I did not recommend it to the OP as he said he thinks Mint is better suited to him as he comes from a Windows background. From that phrase alone I thought VL might not be up his alley, but then again, it could be just fine....

Return to “Beginner Questions”