I have KDE but theres a problem with it

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

I have KDE but theres a problem with it

Postby Loli on Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:36 am

I have a few partitions that don't automount on my computer. I decided to just use Nautilus to mount them manually everytime. Only problem is when I launched it, the icons and my desktop changed and now Beryl+KDE on it looks exactly like Gnome. I hate it. How can I revert it, and is there some sort of other program I can use to mount my partitons manually or maybe write a script? Thanks...

Hehe forgot to show a screenshot of this pime taradox.
Loli
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby nick on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:57 am

Hi
I had that problem, as soon as I installed Mint, i installed KDE, but all was O.K. with KDE until I used Beryl and then the Gnome Icons etc appeared on KDE, even though I had never configured anything in Gnome, removing Beryl cured problem-not much help but you are not the only one

Nick
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Loli on Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:14 pm

Oh thanks. I solved it when I realized that Nautilus was also a shell. I sigkilled it...
Loli
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions