I have KDE but theres a problem with it

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

I have KDE but theres a problem with it

Postby Loli on Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:36 am

I have a few partitions that don't automount on my computer. I decided to just use Nautilus to mount them manually everytime. Only problem is when I launched it, the icons and my desktop changed and now Beryl+KDE on it looks exactly like Gnome. I hate it. How can I revert it, and is there some sort of other program I can use to mount my partitons manually or maybe write a script? Thanks...

Hehe forgot to show a screenshot of this pime taradox.
Loli
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Postby nick on Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:57 am

Hi
I had that problem, as soon as I installed Mint, i installed KDE, but all was O.K. with KDE until I used Beryl and then the Gnome Icons etc appeared on KDE, even though I had never configured anything in Gnome, removing Beryl cured problem-not much help but you are not the only one

Nick
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Postby Loli on Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:14 pm

Oh thanks. I solved it when I realized that Nautilus was also a shell. I sigkilled it...
Loli
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions