one or more of the mounts listed in...

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
al.adab

one or more of the mounts listed in...

Post by al.adab »

hello,

I'm completely new to Linux Mint (except for a very short-lived try about a year ago). It seems to work flawlessly. The only thing I noticed is a message that appears on start up (but disappears very quicly so don't know what it says exactly). It begins with "one or more of the mounts listed in...".

It is matter for concern? Anything I should do? I read other posts of people who noticed the same message and then found themselves not being able to re-boot, but I don't know if their case is similar to mine. If You need to know the content of the whole error message, can you please tell me how to pause the booting so that I can write it down somewhere?

many thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: one or more of the mounts listed in...

Post by viking777 »

No, it isn't anything to be worried about - unless when you have Mint started you find it impossible to access something that should be mounted. If you can access your mounted partitions normally then it is simply a function of the boot process being speeded up so much (all of us want shorter boot up times) that the mount process cannot keep up with it. It is particularly noticeable when you have external usb drives plugged in at boot. I used to get this error myself at every boot. For the moment it seems to have gone away, I have no idea why.

If you ever want to have a look at a boot error message (congratulations for having them displayed btw, most folks these days seem to prefer staring at mindless splash screens instead of knowing what is actually happening during their boot process) try holding down 'Scroll Lock' when you get to the place you want to read.
Sometimes that works - sometimes not.
al.adab

Re: one or more of the mounts listed in...

Post by al.adab »

great to know it's ok :)
thank you for your prompt explanation.

Return to “Beginner Questions”