Country

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jaynpc

Country

Post by jaynpc »

I have installed Linux mint 8 and mistakenly choose the wrong country and in programs such as ubuntu tweak I can`t access the packages, it says that Is not allowed for my distribution.

What should I do? How can I change to US? And access the unbutu tweak packages.

Thanks guys =)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pompom

Re: Country

Post by pompom »

Hi,

Welcome to Linux Mint!

There's a couple of things that you can try, assuming that you wanted US English:

add the locale to the list of 'supported locales'

Code: Select all

sudo gedit /var/lib/locales/supported.d/local
en_US.UTF-8 UTF-8 (add this line)

sudo gedit /etc/default/locale
LANG="en_US.UTF-8" (add this line)
Then you can try recreate the proper locales with the line

sudo dpkg-reconfigure locales
Hope this helps.

pompom
jaynpc

Re: Country

Post by jaynpc »

Woah, the language itself I did manage to change in Language support

But what I thought that would affect is the distribution on Ubuntu Tweak *it says that I can`t use the packages stuff in apps*

I would like to access the applications *like third parties, etc* on ubuntu tweak.

(Thank you by the way)

Return to “Beginner Questions”