how to convert oog to mp3 files [solved]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rburkartjo

how to convert oog to mp3 files [solved]

Post by rburkartjo »

my daughter has some music she has legally dowmloaded. i need to covert the files to mp3 and then burn them to a cd so she can play on a cd player. how do i do this. happy holidays
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rburkartjo

Re: how to convert oog to mp3 files

Post by rburkartjo »

hey ya'll if anyone comes up with an answer need*. use the kiss principal i am 60 tks
slider
Level 5
Level 5

Post by slider »

Hi rburkartjo

"Keep it simple" :) Ok!

Personally I use Audacity to do this. Its a great tool, but may not be what you want. Some user input is needed such as fading the intro and outro are required after recording, but that's what I like. The custom control + it can do many other things.

A lot of users use SoundConverter. Take a look at it HERE. A .deb is available HERE , but its best to try and download using your package manager repos first. I think that this is more what you are looking for.

Check there by typing the name of the package that you want in the search query, usually Main Menu > System > your package manager. May vary by Mint version being used.

The conversion and downloads can be done in the terminal as well.

Im sure more users will make other recommendations as to what they use.

Hope this helps! :)

PS: Age is just a number.
"In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds the timid join him for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."
Mark Twain
DataMan

Post by DataMan »

SoundConverter is available in the rep's. No need to download the .deb to get a working application (may not be the latest rev, but the one in the rep's will do what you require).

-DataMan
farky

Post by farky »

If you're just burning a standard music CD, there's no reason to convert the ogg files, just burn them to a CD. Most burner programs handle ogg files just fine.
MaddogF16

Post by MaddogF16 »

There's a few available, just open synaptic and search for "converter".
rburkartjo

Post by rburkartjo »

tks ya'll

Return to “Beginner Questions”