usb-adsl

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nick »

Hi
Try here:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UsbAdslModem

Download relevant packages in windows and copy to Linux partion

Nick
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nick
Level 5
Level 5

Post by nick »

Hi
After reading up on the info at the link, ive decided to go for another modem.....
I would recommend router, much easier to set up, no drivers required-Netgear?
why the hell do they sell crap like what i got? after all, microsoft is not the only os systems out there!!
If everybody adopted that attitude the companies would soon get the message :)-well done

Nick
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

nick wrote: I would recommend router, much easier to set up, no drivers required
Linksys WRT-54GL <== it uses Linux. And there are plenty of "alternative Firmwares" around that will turn this cheapo router into a $500 router feature-wise. Highly recommended.

Return to “Beginner Questions”