Font Manager /Installer

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read how to get help

Font Manager /Installer

Postby icemenz on Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:46 am

Hi
Newbie alert I am afraid.

I have come over from the darkside and tried half a dozen "beginner" distributions before coming to Mint, which did exactly the job I wanted, with a pleasant look and a logical outlook to Video's and plug ins etc.

The one thing I can not find which was in other distos was a Font Installer which could be used without resorting to the command line.

Is it there and I missed it or I am I losing the plot completely.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers

Icemen
icemenz
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Font Manager /Installer

Postby scorp123 on Sat Jul 14, 2007 10:51 am

icemenz wrote: The one thing I can not find which was in other distos was a Font Installer
I have the standard GNOME here so for me this would be:

System > Preferences > Font ... click on that one
... a new window opens
... Click on "Details ..."
... another new window opens
... Click on "Go to Fonts Folder"
... Voila, you're there. Now simply drag & drop any font you want to have installed into this location.

A quicker way to get there: Open the file manager "Nautilus" (e.g. "Places > Home Folder" from the menu -- again sorry, I got a standard GNOME here), and then in its menu bar there is a "Go ..." menu (File | Edit | View | Go | Bookmarks | Help ), so you click on that one and pick "Location ..." -- type "fonts:/" and voila, you're in the system fonts folder again and can drag & drop your collection of TrueType fonts in there.

Sorry if this sounds complicated ... there probably is an easier way, it's only I don't know it (yet). :D
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Postby icemenz on Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:13 pm

Hi Scorp123

Many thanks - its always the button at the bottom!

Cheers

Icemenz
icemenz
Level 1
Level 1

Postby scorp123 on Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:14 pm

icemenz wrote: Many thanks - its always the button at the bottom!
... upper left in my case :wink:
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Return to Newbie Questions