wake from sleep Dell Vostro 1000

All Gurus once were Newbies
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Please stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions prefer the other forums within the support section.
Before you post please read this

wake from sleep Dell Vostro 1000

Postby zaphod on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:50 am

Just downloaded and installed (and updated) Helena. The only problem I am having so far is waking from sleep. That is, when I close the lid, the laptop goes into sleep mode (judging by the pulsing power light). When I lift the lid back up the hard drive spins up and power light goes back to solid but no video. I have tried hooking up an external monitor (it just stays in sleep mode). I have installed Helena on a second Dell Vostro 1000 (identical hdw config) and have the same problem.

Aside from this issue, I really like what see with mint. The Broadcom wireless card was the only thing I had to jump thru extra hoops to get working. Now if I could just sleep issue ironed out...

tia, -rob
zaphod
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: wake from sleep Dell Vostro 1000

Postby obscenelyappropriate on Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:59 pm

I'm having the same problem. Only I've got a Compaq Presario 572US
(to the tune of "Log")
It's Linux, Linux.
It's small, it's fast, it's free.
It's Linux, Linux.
It is the OS for me!
obscenelyappropriate
Level 1
Level 1

Re: wake from sleep Dell Vostro 1000

Postby crtamb on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:32 am

I have a Vostro 1000 with same problem in Helena, but in Mint 7 wake up works well. While a solution doesn't posted, that's my dilema if I upgrade my system to Mint 8 or stay with 7 outdated.
crtamb
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Newbie Questions