wake from sleep Dell Vostro 1000

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zaphod

wake from sleep Dell Vostro 1000

Post by zaphod »

Just downloaded and installed (and updated) Helena. The only problem I am having so far is waking from sleep. That is, when I close the lid, the laptop goes into sleep mode (judging by the pulsing power light). When I lift the lid back up the hard drive spins up and power light goes back to solid but no video. I have tried hooking up an external monitor (it just stays in sleep mode). I have installed Helena on a second Dell Vostro 1000 (identical hdw config) and have the same problem.

Aside from this issue, I really like what see with mint. The Broadcom wireless card was the only thing I had to jump thru extra hoops to get working. Now if I could just sleep issue ironed out...

tia, -rob
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
obscenelyappropriate

Re: wake from sleep Dell Vostro 1000

Post by obscenelyappropriate »

I'm having the same problem. Only I've got a Compaq Presario 572US
crtamb

Re: wake from sleep Dell Vostro 1000

Post by crtamb »

I have a Vostro 1000 with same problem in Helena, but in Mint 7 wake up works well. While a solution doesn't posted, that's my dilema if I upgrade my system to Mint 8 or stay with 7 outdated.

Return to “Beginner Questions”