run nautilus virus scanner and it froze again? SOLVED

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mdquince

run nautilus virus scanner and it froze again? SOLVED

Post by mdquince »

2nd time the virus scanner froze, anyone know why?? the first time I had 2 virus and this time I have 4. the program is just sitting there at 55% scanned and virus: 4. when i switched to linux everyone has talked about no viruses so not only do i have 4 but the virus scanner will not delete them. any suggestions?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
monkeyboy

Re: run nautilus virus scanner and it froze again?

Post by monkeyboy »

mdquince wrote:2nd time the virus scanner froze, anyone know why?? the first time I had 2 virus and this time I have 4. the program is just sitting there at 55% scanned and virus: 4. when i switched to linux everyone has talked about no viruses so not only do i have 4 but the virus scanner will not delete them. any suggestions?
Dude, are you the same guy who started the whole "Is my linux being hacked thread" followed by the "Is my linux being hacked, Part 2" thread? Maybe the problems are related?
pluraldave

Post by pluraldave »

Nautilus virus scanner? There isn't such a program - Nautilus is the file browser not an anti-virus program. Perhaps you've got some virus scanner with a Nautilus extension. Where did you get this virus scanner from (please provide a link) and what exactly were you scanning? The entire system? A single folder? A windows partition?

Also Linux doesn't really have any viruses to be worried about. Pretty much all Linux AV products check for dormant Windows viruses on your system.
rob2uk

Post by rob2uk »

monkeyboy wrote:Dude, are you the same guy who started the whole "Is my linux being hacked thread" followed by the "Is my linux being hacked, Part 2" thread? Maybe the problems are related?
Yup, it's the same guy.

People have tried to help him, he goes quiet when he doesn't get the answer he wants. Pretty close to being a troll, as far as I'm concerned.

Return to “Beginner Questions”