Limited screen resolution

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
joe2005

Limited screen resolution

Post by joe2005 »

Hello,This is my first post.I wanted to try Linux Mint first on virtual box before installing in hard disk.I really liked the getup and presentation .But I found that resolution is limited to 640x480 and 800x600 only.how can I Increase it to 1024x768? .Request guidance to set right this aspect .thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Limited screen resolution

Post by remoulder »

Have you installed virtualbox additions?
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
Landmouse

Post by Landmouse »

**Post removed due to lack of relevance to the original post** :oops:
Last edited by Landmouse on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

Landmouse, joe2005 was talking about using mint within Virtualbox.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
joe2005

Post by joe2005 »

A week ago I had asked regarding limited screen resolution. I have installed Linux mint 8 as guest using Virtual box.at the time of my earlier visit I could not confirm for the guest additions.
Now guest additions installed with seamless working.Kindly advise me how to increase my screen resolution. Thanks
joe2005

Post by joe2005 »

I have reinstalled the whole thing and now I am getting proper resolution.But I am not able to get shared folders working.Any ideas will be much appreciated.thanks
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

joe2005

Post by joe2005 »

Thanks no issue with shared folders any longer.thanks

Return to “Beginner Questions”